Seattle Beauty™ Tip: Essential oil facial message for a radian skinBy cwan | May 12th, 2017
Skin needs to be nourished. Well-nourished skin maintains good elasticity and moisture level, which slows down the aging process and helps to achieve healthy and younger looking skin. Regular facial message allows good blood circulation to the skin, which leads to firmer, more radiant skin with minimized fine lines and wrinkles.
You will need message oil or cream for a facial message. Here are a few receipts for homemade message oils. Pick your favorite scent and give it a try.
- Sweet almond oil (4mL), Vitamin E oil (1mL), an essential oil of your choice (Jasmine, rose, lavender, lemon, orange, etc.) – 5mL total should be enough for your facial message. For me, the divinely aromatic scent of jasmine or rose oil in itself is a treat.
- Jojoba oil (2mL), avocado oil (2mL), an essential oil of your choice (see above).
- Avocado oil (4mL), Vitamin E oil (1mL), an essential oil of your choice.
- Some people use olive oil. I notice that olive oil tends to clog up the pores and causes acne. So, use with caution.
Facial message can be very simple. You only need to spend about 15 minutes a day to achieve good results. To help you get started, here are the steps for the facial message in my practice:
- Spread a thin layer of message oil on your face; message with your middle finger and ring finger.
- Make a circular motion from your temple to the middle of the forehead; 10 laps on each side.
- Make a clockwise circle around eye sockets starting from the inner corner of the eye; 10 laps on each side.
- Starting from the inner corner of the eye through the eye belly press outward to slightly push hard to the temples; 10 stroke on each side.
- Make strokes up and down the nose bridge; 10 times.
- Make upward stoke from the corner of the mouth up to the side of the nose; 10 times.
- From the center of the upper lip, make outward stroke to the cheeks; 10 time each side.
- Start from the chin, in a clockwise manner, make upward circular motion to the temple and push hard on the temple; 10 time each side.
- Wipe off the excess message oil. Follow with a moisturizer.
Dr. Connie Wan
Source: Informed Nutrition