Stop Inflammation with an anti-inflammatory (AI) DietBy Connie Wan, P.h.D | March 1st, 2019
Large volume of recent researches has shown that low-grade systemic inflammation leads to metabolic diseases ranging from cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes, obesity, dementia, chronicle pain, and aging. Other than medications, stopping inflammation should start with an everyday anti-inflammatory (AI) diet. Benefits of a healthy AI diet include the reduced risks of heart diseases and cancers, reduced incidences of autoimmune diseases, weight loss, improved insulin sensitivity, and slowed aging process in general.
A healthy AI diet should include a balance of nutrient-dense foods such as protein, carbohydrates and fat with lots of vegetables and limited amount of fruits. Stick with a few basics when creating on your own AI diet:
- Eat low-fat protein such as lean meat and beans;
- Eat whole grains and avoid refined carbohydrates;
- Eat omega-3 rich food such as nuts, flaxseed and fish;
- Eat antioxidant rich food such as cruciferous vegetables, tomatoes, artichokes, leafy greens, peppers, deep-colored fruits, sweet potato, dark chocolate, coffee, and tea;
- Incorporate anti-inflammatory herb into your diet such as ginger (which you could find in SGC’s Energon Qube Recover product), turmeric (which you could find in SGC’s Golden Glow product) and garlic;
- Reduce omega-6 fatty acids intake such as margarine and vegetable oils such as corn, soybean, and canola; and
- Avoid trans mono-saturated fatty acid (meaning processed food).
The AI diet is neither a magic panacea nor a quick-fix treatment. However, long-term consumption of an AI diet offers steady health improvement. With so many AI food options that are available, following an AI diet is not difficult. Stick to it, you will see the improvement on your general well being.
Thanks for reading.
Dr. Connie Wan