1. Incorporate walking in your commute:Try parking your car further away from the office, or if you take public transportation, walk an extra 3-5 blocks to/from the next stop. This is a great way to add more movement into your day and can help you clear your head before and after work!
2. Have a day full of meetings?If you are scheduling meetings, be sure to incorporate breaks in your day. Try limiting some of your meetings to 45 minutes so that you have 15 minutes on either side to get up, walk around and take a break. Also, if you are taking a meeting with 1 or 2 others, organize a walking meeting. The change of pace, scenery and movement can also encourage more creativity and productive conversation.
3. Stand whenever possible:Standing desks are great- but not everyone has access to them. Try finding spaces in your office where you can stand up and do some of your work, and if you have tasks that require standing, spread them out throughout the day.
4. Schedule time to move:It may seem overly simplistic, but dedicating time every day to move can be helpful for both your physical and mental health. Sometimes we get absorbed in our work and forget to take breaks, so put a half hour aside on your calendar to go for a walk. It’s a great way to get the blood pumping as well as provide a nice mental break from the day-to-day.
5. High Tech Solutions:While technology is constantly fighting for our attention at work, there are tools that can help nudge us in the right direction.
Fitbit: It turns out you don’t actually need the activity tracker on your wrist to track your movement. The Fitbit app also uses the motion tracking hardware in your phone to track your activity.
Hotseat: This is a great app for the workplace to help get employees away from their desks more often. It gamifies activity in the workplace so that employees can organize challenges with their colleagues, and it reminds users to take periodic activity breaks.
BodySpace: In addition to traditional fitness apps that have training programs and trackers, this app is a great way to stay motivated as it leverages what they call “social fitness,” a community of users to help cheer you on.Be healthy and be happy! About SGC:SGC is an R&D focused developer of nutraceutical and pharmaceutical gummy products. The company specializes in formulating Functional Gummy® products combining the wealth of the in-house knowledge in pharmaceutics, chemistry, western medicine and herbal medicine. The company provides performance gummies® inspired by Traditional Chinese Medicine including MOCCA SHOTS™, ENERGON QUBE™, FUNTIONAL FRUIT®, and SEATTLE BEAUTY®. To learn more, visit https://seattlegummy.com, email@example.com,call 206-257-0464, or join at https://seattlegummy.com/be-an-informed-member/.