Caffeine and college students go together like peanut butter and jelly. If you ask college students what tools they rely on for success, chances of some form of caffeine will be at the top of the list. Students can enjoy caffeine gummies to get a delicious burst of energy and reap additional cognitive benefits. This guide explores the ins and outs of caffeine and studying. We discuss the benefits of energy gummies and share our favorite studying snack.
How does caffeine affect study habits?
College students live busy lives. Caffeine is essential to the success of many college students, helping them optimize their studying habits and have energy for their various activities.
The average college student spends roughly 15 hours per week preparing for class. This includes studying, reading, writing, homework, lab work, and rehearsing. In addition to preparing for and attending class, many college students spend time socializing, volunteering, working a job on or off campus, and commuting to school if they live off campus. Some may also need to care for family members. These activities amount to a significant workload that inspires 92% of college students to reach for the world’s most widely consumed stimulant – caffeine.
In a study conducted across the United States, college students provided multiple reasons for consuming caffeine:
- 79% of students use caffeine to feel awake
- 68% of students consume caffeine because they enjoy the taste of beverages that contain caffeine
- 39% of students enjoy the social aspects of consuming caffeine
- 31% of students use caffeine to improve their concentration
- 27% of students use caffeine to increase their physical energy
- 18% of students use caffeine to improve their mood
- 9% of students use caffeine to alleviate stress
Caffeine can help students in many aspects of their demanding lives when consumed in moderation. It is often necessary to extend study hours before a test or deadline. It can also be a helpful tool to boost productivity and academic success as long as it is used in conjunction with adequate rest, healthy eating, and regular exercise.
What are the benefits of using caffeine for studying?
Research shows that caffeine offers many benefits applicable to studying. Let’s take a look at what the research suggests.
- Enhance Problem-Solving Skills – In a study conducted at the University of Arkansas, researchers found that consuming 200 milligrams of caffeine improved participants’ abilities to seek a solution to a problem, referred to as convergent thinking.
- Improve Mood – Research indicates that consuming 200-250 milligrams of caffeine can elevate mood, and the effect can last up to three hours after consuming caffeine.
- Increases Attention – A study conducted in an animal model of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) found that caffeine helps regulate dopamine in hyperactive rats’ frontal cortex. This finding indicates that caffeine can help those with ADHD increase their attention.
- Reduce Fatigue – Caffeine’s ability to reduce fatigue and increase energy has been well studied. Caffeine is a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant that blocks chemicals in the brain that make us feel tired.
Are there caffeine energy gummies to supplement for studying?
Mocca Shots High Energy Gummies are a delicious, easy, and effective way to boost energy, improve focus, and enhance cognitive performance without jittery side effects. The gummies give a much-needed dose of caffeine plus herbal nootropics, antioxidants, and vitamins. Each gummy is packed with 100 milligrams of caffeine plus Dutch cocoa powder, B vitamins, and ginkgo biloba extract.
Each of these ingredients offers notable benefits that can support the efforts and goals of studying so you get more than just a burst of energy. Dutch cocoa powder is included for its delicious taste and exciting cognitive benefits. Increasing evidence shows that cocoa increases blood flow to the brain, improving cognitive function and neuroplasticity. The full spectrum of B vitamins helps boost performance, focus, and alertness. Ginkgo biloba extract may help sharpen memory.
But why choose caffeine gummies over coffee or caffeine pills? The answer is time. Caffeine in caffeinated beverages and tablets takes 45 minutes to be digested and absorbed into your body. In contrast, Mocca Shots caffeine gummies dissolve and absorb quickly through the tissues of the mouth and esophagus, allowing you to feel the benefits of caffeine within minutes! Plus, these caffeine shots are convenient to carry around in your pocket, backpack, or purse. Our patented non-melting technology ensures the gummies will not become a gooey mess. They are always ready for you when you need them.
For a health boost of energy and the best studying snack, shop our full range of caffeine gummies today!