Turmeric and its active ingredient, curcumin, are all over the news. With scientific evidence mounting about turmeric’s anti-inflammatory capabilities and potential health benefits, turmeric supplements are flying off the shelves. You want to try turmeric, but what to choose? In this article, we’ll look at turmeric gummies and turmeric pills and explore their pros, cons, and differences to help you make the best choice.
Key Differences Between Turmeric Gummies and Turmeric Pills
- One of the key differences between turmeric gummies and turmeric pills is the time they take to absorb. Gummies absorb quickly through the thin skin of the mouth, and ingredients reach the bloodstream in a few minutes. Pills must be digested and absorbed through the small intestine, which takes 45-60 minutes.
- Pills are swallowed while gummies are chewed.
Pros and Cons of Taking Turmeric Gummies
Here are some of the pros of taking turmeric gummies.
- Gummies are chewable making them easy to take.
- Much easier to swallow than a pill.
- Turmeric is highly bioavailable becuase it is absorbed quickly through the tissues of the mouth and esophagus.
Here are some of the cons of turmeric gummies.
- Gummies taste great, making it easy to overeat, especially with children in the house.
We’ve all had that moment after taking a gummy vitamin where it tastes so good that it’s tempting to reach for another one. Regarding turmeric, there’s no risk with taking an extra gummy or three, but if a small child eats a whole bottle, that could lead to an upset stomach. Always keep all supplements, gummies included, out of the reach of curious children and pets. NB: some gummies contain xylitol which is incredibly toxic and potentially lethal to dogs.
Pros and Cons of Taking Turmeric Pills
Here are some of the pros of taking turmeric pills:
- Long, stable shelf life.
- Pills don’t have much of a taste.
- You can easily adjust your dosage.
Here are some of the cons of taking pills:
- Pills can be hard to swallow.
- Turmeric pills have low bioavailabilty because much of the active ingredient is destroyed in first pass effect
Turmeric Gummies vs. Turmeric Pills
The best supplement for you is the one you take. In this section, we’ll look at turmeric gummies vs. turmeric pills so you can have more information about your choice, but remember that this is all on paper. When it comes to your health, make the choice that’s easiest and most workable for you, whether gummies or pills. Here are some things to consider when deciding between turmeric gummies and turmeric pills.
1. Is swallowing troublesome for you?
If it is, you aren’t alone. About 8% of the world’s population has trouble with swallowing, especially when it comes to pills. Problems swallowing affect more vulnerable people like children and the aged. Problems swallowing can be linked to other health conditions like developmental difficulties and neurological issues. Gummies are an excellent solution to the swallowing problem because they are chewed before being swallowed.
2. Are you busy or occasionally forgetful?
If you’re taking turmeric for a specific reason, like for workout support and recovery, then timing is essential when taking pills. With working out, for example, it’s crucial to time taking turmeric with your recovery cycle. Since capsules take about 45-60 minutes to be absorbed and take effect, you’ll need to remember to take them before or during your workout. Gummies bypass this issue and can be taken when you remember them since they absorb faster and start working more quickly.
3. Do you find yourself resisting pills?
Many people don’t like taking pills even if they have no trouble swallowing. It may be the way they taste or leftover childhood trauma. If you skip pills for no “real” reason, that’s ok. Pills aren’t for everyone, and if there’s a viable alternative like a gummy, then there’s no reason to force yourself (and risk failure) to take pills. Gummies are easy and taste good; you’ll look forward to taking a gummy in a way you may not with a pill.
Shop Golden Glow Turmeric Gummies
Our delicious Golden Glow Turmeric gummies contain a whopping 125 mg of cavacurmin, the active ingredient found in turmeric root. And, since the turmeric is in gummy form, it’s easy to take and will quickly absorb through the thin skin in your mouth. Our gummies come two to a pouch, so it’s easy to spread your dose over the day. Or you can take both at once! The Golden Glow gummy is specially formulated to be non-melting, so you never have to worry about leaving your gummies in your car or pocket. They can go with you wherever you go and are ready when you need them. Try a Golden Glow gummy today!